Pregnant and virgin aren’t 2 words that go together—unless you’re talking about cocktails. Life without alcohol feels great, but something about sipping the same ol’ soda water seems boring.
You may be missing your occasional cocktail, but your teeth love it! Alcohol dries out the mouth, slowing saliva production. Without saliva flow, food particles can’t be washed away, hindering a healthy acidity level in your mouth. Wines and mixed drinks can also wear away enamel and discolor teeth.
Try this mocktail to spice up your sipping strife:
Low-Sugar Mango Mojito
- 6 mint leaves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon natural sweetener, like agave or Truvia
- 4 oz. mango puree
- 2 oz. sparkling water
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with a pinch of salt.
- Fill the cocktail shaker a third of the way with ice.
- Add the sweetener and mango puree. Shake.
- Pour into a glass and top with sparkling water
- Enjoy with a straw to protect teeth.
Sound off, expecting moms! What’s your alcohol-free favorite?