Moved recently? Child just turned 18? New job with new benefits? Any of these could be a reason to find a new dentist.
And if you’re a Delta Dental member, you’re in luck. Delta Dental has the largest network of dentists in the United States, larger than any other dental carrier. And Delta Dental of Colorado is the only carrier in the state that focuses on just dental benefits, so you know you’re getting the most experienced dental benefits carrier.
You can easily find a dentist near you in your specific Delta Dental plan by using our Find a Dentist search tool. You can also use our mobile app to find a dentist (available on iTunes and Google Play).
When you are searching for a dentist, make sure to note which network the dentist is a part of — Delta Dental PPOSM, Delta Dental Premier®, or both. You will see more out-of-pocket savings when you see a Delta Dental PPO dentist, but in several plans, you MUST see a PPO dentist. So make sure you know the requirements of your plan before you choose a dentist.
Here are some questions to ask when you call to make your appointment:
• What are the office hours? Make sure they’re convenient for your schedule.
• What is the dentist’s educational background and credentials?
• What should you expect during the first exam? Generally, you will have a conversation with the dentist about your health history, any specific concerns, and medications you’re taking. You should receive an exam, a cleaning, and X-rays, if needed.
• What’s the dentist’s approach to preventive dentistry?
• What arrangements are made for handling emergencies outside of office hours?
Use your call as an opportunity to see how the office staff treats you. A friendly staff can help ease anxiety about a dental procedure and make your visit more enjoyable.
What are you waiting for? Just select, schedule, and smile — you’re taking steps to protect your oral health! And if you’re having trouble finding a dentist, contact us at email@example.com and we can help.