Looking for ways to keep your family healthy? Good food, exercise, and regular doctor check-ups are important. So are regular dental visits. They keep your teeth and your body healthy. And you’re twice as likely to visit the dentist if you have dental insurance.
Dental Insurance is Important
• You save money: By seeing your dentist regularly, you can prevent dental problems or treat them before they get serious — and costly.
• You save time: Treating problems before they become too painful will save hours of lost work and school time.
• Your overall health improves: Dental infections can lead to more severe health problems, such as diabetes, heart disease, and some cancers. Your dentist can screen for oral health problems and other diseases and can refer you to a physician, if needed.
• If you do need treatment, it will cost you less: Dentists who belong to dental carrier networks have agreed to discounted prices. So not only will part of the cost be paid for by the dental insurance, any portion that’s not covered will still cost you less than if you didn’t have dental insurance.
If you haven’t been to a dentist in a long time, don’t wait, especially if you have any of these symptoms:
• You have tooth pain or you’re sensitive to hot and cold.
• Your gums are red, puffy, and bleed when you brush your teeth.
• You have a bad taste in your mouth, and your breath is consistently bad.
• Chewing and swallowing are difficult.
• You have sores or spots in your mouth that won’t go away.
• You have a chronic medical condition such as diabetes, HIV, or cardiovascular disease.
If you need dental insurance, go to deltadentalcoversme.com to find out about our individual and family plans. And if you’ve never bought dental insurance before, check out our guide, “Five Things to Consider When Buying Dental Insurance.”