Grab supplies you already have in the craft cupboard for a Father’s Day card he won’t soon forget! This project uses recycled toothbrushes and paint made from baking soda to design a one-of-a-kind card for Dad’s special day.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Baking soda
- Food coloring
- Old toothbrush(es)
- Heavyweight paper
- Place some baking soda into cups.
- Measure out an equal amount of water as baking soda into your measuring cup.
- Add food coloring to water and mix.
- Pour the colored water into one of the cups of baking soda.
- Mix thoroughly to ensure a smooth consistency that isn’t runny or thick.
- Repeat the above steps for additional colors.
- Cut out a fun shape on the heavyweight paper. For our example, we cut the shape of a tie!
- Use your recycled toothbrush to paint onto the heavyweight paper shape you just cut out.
- Fold in half and add a message for Dad on the front with a marker or pen.
Looking for more fun crafts for the kids? Check out: