We have mentioned many times in our previous posts how alcohol and smoking could have detrimental effects to your oral health. Instead of just telling you why you shouldn’t do something, today we are going to tell what else you can do to keep your mind from “going there”.
1. Get a hobby – Did you used to like flying kites when you were younger? Try making and flying your own.
2. Try a new hair-do – Comb your hair yourself or spend the money you are saving on those cigarettes (or that drink) and go get your hair done professionally.
3. Exercise – This is the most effective deterrent. Exercise makes you feel good!
4. Floss and brush your teeth – well, we ARE an oral health blog.
5. Clean out your closets – this is a double whammy distraction. You will have clean closets and if you take your clothes to Goodwill, you will feel good for making a donation.
6. Organize those boxes of pictures – you can get them all organized and take a trip down memory lane while you’re at it.
7. Take a candle lit bath – pull out your favorite book and just relax. Ahhhh…
8. Create a new dinner dish – the secret in this one is to keep your hands busy. Try a stir-fry. There are lots of veggies to chop in a stir-fry.
9. Donate blood – feel like a hero!
10. Start a blog – anyone can start a blog. Keep friends and family up to date with your life and keep you mind off smoking and drinking.
There you have it folks. My top 10 suggestions for avoiding habits that could eventually have a negative effect on your health! If you have any advice or alternate suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments section.