With spring already here and summer approaching, nothing sounds better than a nice, refreshing glass of lemonade! However, the average glass comes in at almost 27 grams of sugar per serving! This amount of sugar can wreak havoc on your teeth!
Instead, try this tooth-friendly sugar-free lemonade recipe just in time for warmer weather!
- 1/2 cup of sugar alternative (we used Splenda, but here are some others that will work…)
- 4–6 lemons, juiced (fresh-squeezed lemon juice is a better option than bottled as bottled may contain added sugars)
- Up to 1/2 gallon of water (still or sparkling)
- 3–4 tablespoons of lime juice
- Mint sprigs and sliced lemons for garnish
- Juice the lemons and transfer the juice to a large pitcher. If you want to add lime juice, do so now.
- Pour in sugar alternative.
- Pour water over the sugar alternative and lemon juice mixture. Mix well until the sugar alternative has dissolved.
- Serve over ice, garnish, and enjoy!
Original recipe from: The Sugar-Free Diva
For more tooth-friendly recipes, check out this article!
*Updated May 2023